October 27th, 2017
1. There were 27 members in attendance at Cap't Kat's restaurant in
2. The meeting was called to order at 11:05 by President John McKay
3. The meeting opened with a moment of silence in memory of Clayton
4. This year's executive were introduced
o John McKay: President
o Dawn Smith: Past President
o Jack Morrison: Treasurer
o Sandra Walsh: Secretary
5. The minutes of the June 16th meeting were approved as read.
6. Bonnie Mahaney (South Shore Member at Large) reminded the meeting
that the RTO Provincial Standing Committee applications come out in
May and encouraged all members to consider applying. She also reported
on an Enhancing End of Life Care Workshop, co-sponsored by the RTO
and Shelburne Pastoral Charge will take place on Dec.4th from 1-3
pm. There is a maximum of 25 participants for this event. Bonnie also
reminded the group of the special NSTU rate at the Halifax Delta Hotel
of $109 with breakfast and parking included, however if the hotel
reaches 90% occupancy this offer is invalid even if rooms are booked
7. Jack Morrison presented the Treasurer's Report which is attached.
The September 30th balance was $1570.50.
8. John McKay reported that the Shelburne RTO membership lists are
being updated. He also drew our attention to the RTO newsletter and
reminded the meeting that all members are encouraged to submit articles.
9. Elizabeth Acker discussed the RTO Bonspiel which is being held
at the Shelburne Curling Centre on Dec 1st and 2nd.
10. Members were once again reminded of the importance of paying for
meals when we have catered events so that the local does not have
to cover these costs if people do not attend.
11. The meeting adjourned at 11:55.